Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine has been used for thousands of years to treat and prevent disease. Very thin, stainless steel needles are inserted into one, or several of the acupuncture points on the body to stimulate Qi and help it to move more freely and help the body function at its best.
The benefits of acupuncture and health concerns it can help treat include:
- stimulating the central nervous system
- calming the mind and spirit
- treating stress, anxiety, depression
- chronic pain
- Aids in digestion
- treats injuries
- regulates menstruation
- aids in fertility issues
- aids in sleep
Cupping is a treatment technique which places glass or silicone cups on the skin creating a vacuum or suction.
The benefits of cupping include:
- increases circulation to the area being treated
- relaxes tissues and relieves pain and muscle tension
- improves overall blood flow and promotes cell repair
- soothes the nervous system, treating stress, anxiety, and insomnia
- extracts toxins from the body
- boosts immunity
Cupping can leave you with big purple or red circles resembling being attacked by an octopus! These are perfectly normal! The red marks are a result of the blood being pulled into that area. The darker the mark, the more stagnant fluids (toxins, blood and lymph) were dredged up during treatment. The marks last anywhere from a few hours to several days. The more often you receive cupping for the same issue, the lighter the marks will be.